- Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan & gluten-free
- Legendary adaptogenic root from Peru
- Contains Adaptogens, Fiber, Amino Acids, Vitamins, Minerals
- “Sacred crop of the Inca”
- Maca root is a unique, complete food. It is in the same botanical family, the brassicas, as broccoli and kale but with maca the root is consumed, like radishes. It shares with other brassicas a content of glucosinolates, sulfur containing compounds with potent adaptogenic effects. Maca is rich in the dietary minerals calcium and potassium (with low content of sodium), and contains the essential trace elements iron, iodine, copper, manganese, and zinc, as well as both essential and non-essential fatty acids, and 19 amino acids.
WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.